Friday, May 02, 2014

Book Review - The Call of the Wild

The Call of the Wild by Jack London (first published in 1903, this edition published by Scholastic, 2000)

Scholastic Classics

Jesse, 12, Canberra



This book is one of the more interesting classics that I have read and, as I own and love two dogs, it was especially fascinating for me.

Stolen from his home and family, the main character, Buck, must quickly learn the harsh law of survival among the men and dogs of the gold-crazed north. His intelligence, courage, and cunning transform Buck into a feared leader. As wolves attack and men grow desperate, Buck must heed the call of the wild.

This was a very well written novel by Jack London and I would recommend it to any age group except maybe younger readers who may find the grammar hard and/or some scenes very gruesome.

Once again, it was a great book and I hope that, if you do read it, you'll love it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment