Friday, June 14, 2013

Book Review - The Assassins of Rome

The Assassins of Rome by Caroline Lawrence (Orion Books, 2002)



The Assassins of Rome is a terrifying adventure. In this book the young detectives, Flavia and her freed slave girl, Nubia have to venture to the bustling streets of Rome.  They do this to save their friend, Jonathan from the well-known, deadly assassin, Simion.

This thrilling novel, by Caroline Lawrence, will mostly inspire children from the age of 10 to 13, but you will love it even if you are older.

The thing I love about this story is that, even though it is the third book in the series, The Roman Mysteries, I can still understand the story line, and therefore love the book even more than I would have if I didn’t know who the people are.

Zoe, 11, Canberra

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your review Zoe. I work in a rural country library and children are always wanting suggestions of new series to read. The Roman mysteries will be one that I will read myself and also recommend. Thank you

    ReplyDelete