Friday, November 08, 2013

Book Review: Gangsta Granny

Gangsta Granny by David Walliams, (Harper Collins, 2011)



Sonali, 11, Durban, South Africa


My favourite character in this book is Granny.  She's my favourite character because she's different to normal grannies.  She's a "Gangsta Granny".  She's very active when her grandson isn't there and this is why I like her.

One incident that happened was when they were going to steal the "brown jewels"and put them back the next night.  They climbed up the sewage pipe and get into the castle.  To get there they have to swim across the lake and get out on the other side.  Granny made a chocolate cake with something inside it that put the guards to sleep.

Another incident that happened was when "Bin", Granny's grandson, found out she wasn't actually a jewel thief.  Basically, they were going to steal the brown jewels when she wasn't actually a jewel thief.  But they did put it back the next night.

I learned a very good lesson from this story.  The lesson is to never,  never think old people are boring.  I really  enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to people.  

It was funny and interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment